Sunday, September 30, 2012

C4K Summary for September


C4K #1


Today, Sept 21st  was Jordan’s last day of basketball.  He was so sad because he loves basketball. He learned lots of new skills and hated to see it end. learning new skills.  His friend Frank had a birthday on that same day and he would be 10 years old.  He did not have a present for Frank but he did wish Frank a happy birthday.  On that day it was very cold as Jordan and his classmates walked to the basketball court.  It was so cold his trainer asked the class to do a warm up exercise before playing basketball. Jordan said it was so cold there was ice on the grass. Jordan seemed very proud of himself having got the ball in the basket on the first try. When the game was over so did their fun.  They waved goodbye to each other.
 I told Jordan my name, where I live and  that I am a student in college.  I told Jordan I enjoyed reading his post and that he expressed himself very well.  I commented that I was glad the coach did a warm up exercise for them because it was so cold out on the basketball court.  Jordan’s friend Frank had a birthday on the last day of their basketball class and Jordan did not have a gift for him.  He wished him a happy birthday because that was important to him.  I told Jordan it was very nice to wish a happy birthday to Frank and that birthday wishes always made me smile.  I told Jordan I hope he will continue to post so I can hear all about what is going on in his class.


Today, I read a story Jordan wrote called The Passenger.   His story was is about a bus ride home , a mean barking dog that everyone was afraid of called Buster and a talking fish sitting on the seat beside him.  Some imagination...don't you think?  The story was very good and funny.  I was impressed.  There were some misspelled words, but not many.  I did not comment on the misspelled words. Jordan's story was full of imagination and creativity.  I also noticed he included  two hyperlinks in his story.  I commented on the new skill and told him I liked his story very much. His writing improved a great deal since the first post  I commented on .  There were a lot less errors and his sentences were more organized.     

No comments:

Post a Comment